Women at the Well is a prison congregation with the United Methodist Church. Our church is a ministry partner. Let us keep the ministry in our thoughts and prayers.
- my sons L & K that they stay strong and focused; my boyfriend, A, that he is safe and drug-free; All my home girls in the MLO (minimum live-out) unit (Y) at ICIW. – S
- S–for parole; humility; F; strength in faith.
- S–run her for parole.
- A; B grandbabies & family; S; C; family; WORD; ICIW.
- Please pray that God delivers me from this situation. – M
- my daughter, A, to find a new part-time job.
- my friends I made here at ICIW; my son and fiance; for my sobriety; for my faith in God! – K
- M to get her reconsideration. –XO
- Thank you for prayers answered. Please pray to keep me strong on the path God has for me. – J
- my daughter and ex-husband. For my faith to be strong and that I continue to grow spiritually and allow His will to be done. – A
- drug addiction and for loved ones and others suffering as addicts. Also mental illness. All innocent children and animals. Pray for D. – N
- safe re-entry on Jan. 25. For Pastor Paul.
- my children, for health and safety. Prayers for my husband to find a better job. Prayers for better things this coming week. Prayers for those sick and those that need God in their lives. – L
- J A — my mom. She is fighting Stage 4 kidney failure and has pancreatic cancer Stage 2. – M
- T, that she gets out of prison soon. My mom, J, for her health. Myself, J, that I come to Christ and change my ways.
- C’s health — kidney failure, congestive heart failure. – S
- my reentry back out to the real world and patience with these last 66 days. For my family, brother, son, daughter back in my life. – P
- Please pray for my friend, B.
- Please pray I get a reconsideration and that my family finds happiness. – S
- my son, E, and my daughter, M, my husband, C. – C
- a favorable response to my parole request. That I meet people outside to help me down the path I’m traveling
- my friend Kelly’s family; my boys, L and K, that they continue to stay strong and focused; my friend A, that he’s safe and sober; my parents L and K. – S
- B and family; my co-workers; C and my kids; A and her family; myself; D; JP–peace, calm and help her get thru this time; women at ICIW. – E
- that I get released soon.
- my son and fiancé to know it won’t be long ‘til I’m home; my dad and sister and other family. – K.
- for my brother J, that his faith will be strengthen in the Holy Spirit. Amen
- health of my mom P, swollen foot, will not go to the doc. – K
- JS, that he may find God; K, he is now in heaven; pray for peace for our family; everyone who suffers; me, so I won’t gossip. – M
- G–he has a lot of health issues; and for me, that I’ll get run for the [parole] board. Thank you. – K
- my mom and brother, N & T. – A
- answers and peace. For my home check to be approved and to go home to my grandma by March. Peace of mind. – B
- safety and health of my children, my mom, and husband. Prayers for a dear friend with cancer. Prayers my husband can find a better job. Prayers for a save travel for my nephew who flies back to Tampa on Wednesday for college. – L
- my children and my grandparents, that they are safe and healthy. And for my sobriety when leave here. – S
- that the Lord will guide me and show me what His will for me is. Please, to show me the way in every part of my life. – A
- T, S, A, A, S, M, R, and for this institution.
- I’d like the strength to see through this. – J
- T, L’s family.
- my family to be united again, for him to love me again. – S
- my mom, T, and dad, J. Thank you, God, for all you do.
- Lord, bless me and my family, CJ, and her family. Keep us protected by Your blood.
- my kids this holiday because I cannot be with them and my husband this year.
- all the women in here.
- a safe trip home in January.
- friends to stick with each other forever.
- God, so his Realm shall withstand and get stronger.
- I ask that you pray for my family, that we all live for God; that I can go home soon; that I get freedom; that I be the best mother. – S
- my husband, G. I haven’t been able to reach him now for 2 months. – K
- me to get my parole next week and go home to my children. – A
- that I get my parole. – R
- K. S.
- Please pray for me to become the best Christian I can be and continue to grow in Christ, and for my children and N., the same. Thank you. – A
- my family and friends, the Bs & the Ks. Amen.
- my mother, brother and kids, and my interstate compact. – A
- me; I want to get a reconsideration to go home to my 6 babies and grandson. I have truly learned my lesson, and I am ready to walk on the path God has paved for me. – K
- my mom. She is 87 years old. Two weeks ago she fell and broker her shoulder bone, Now, she is being sent to a nursing home permanently. Please pray for a quick recovery. Thank you. – D
- me to have more faith with God to walk strongly in his name. For that when I get out, I’ll be able to get everything for my kids. – S
- my new sister in Christ, C, and my boys, G, T, and D. – M
- N—sick with pneumonia and needs a job; T—[for] his health and having enough money to feed his children; B to strengthen his faith; B to have understanding in our marriage; F’s health & M’s health (my parents). – M
- that I have the strength to live the life I should when I go home. – J
- to be OK at the halfway house and be with my family soon; S and her family. – J
- Please pray for my reconsideration to be complete and brought to pass. – M
- A—her new life in Christ; B’s grandgirls and family; C & my kids; D & kids; my victim’s family; myself—strengthen my faith, loyalty, confidence; ICIW; world; young and old.
- G—that God touches him and works in his life; my parents for blessings; and me, that I get run for the [parole] board soon. Thank you. – K
- me to be patient this next month, and for my son to be strong and my fiancé to have faith in me. – K
- my brother, C, and his wife, K, that their marriage will be restored in God’s love.
- that I will be strong enough to stay on the path You have for me. – J
- B, grandkids, C, my kids; A—peace of heart and life; D and her kids; G and his family.
- to go home and be with my children, and for my mother’s health. Thank you. – A
- that more and more lives will be saved in prisons around the world. In Jesus’ name. Amen.
- my sons L and K, that they continue to stay strong and focused; All the ladies in MLO (minimum live-out) Unit (Y) at ICIW; my friend M, that she stays steadfast; my parents. – S
- my mom and dad, that God keeps them safe, and we’ll all be together soon. That I get classified for the parole board. My friend G—comfort him and keep him strong. – K
- Please pray for peace.
- my family, my faith in the Lord, my marriage, safe travels for the holidays. – S
- A and family; D and family; V and family, A and family; my family.
- my roommate S, while she waits to be run for parole and tries to decide what path to go down. – A
- everyone at ICIW; all of our families; S and her family; God’s will.
- J to do well at the halfway house.
- Children and family and that I get an early kick to go home by January 11, my son’s birthday.
- B, K, R, J, J, and L; T, N, S and M; good health and strength.
- S (she has a lot of different illnesses)—that You just help her heal. Also her mother is very sick. – B
- my family; my brother B that he continue to stay sober and either go to treatment or turn himself in; that his wife M continue to have faith in him and You. Thank you. – B
- family; trust; love; good doctor; Smart Health Trail & Ear in Health. God bless, Merry Christmas. – L
- my family; D’s family, who will be spending this Christmas without him; the community at ICIW.
- R—she has bad attitude.
- that I go home soon to be with my kids and to get into High Tower or the residential corrections center. – M
- peace in my children’s hearts, minds, souls. Please pray for N to remain faithful to me. – A
- that I get to go to Circle of Life. – J
- that my interview goes well on Thursday. – J
- my family; and I pray I get a reconsideration. – K
- my son-in-law, R–he broke his arm at work. For healing.
- S and her children; B to stay sober; for me to get a bed in Ottumwa work release before Christmas; for my family to be together soon. – J
- that the judge reconsiders my sentence to probation so I can go home quickly. – M
- my children, and my boyfriend who is incarcerated also–that they all know I love them and that I hear something about going home. – S
- my sons L & K, that they continue to be strong and stay focused. My roommate T, for strength and guidance; my folks L & K; my friend M.
- my family and children; my interstate compact, to parole to my sister’s. – A
- B—I miss him. Mom, too. – K
- my kids to be safe in Your arms and let them know I love them. – K
- my children to find and have peace in their hearts, minds, souls. – A
- my stay here and my health controlled in Mitchellville. My family, my friends, my moving out, back to [Unit] G’s. God bless. – L
- my two girls, for health and safety. Prayers for my daughter cnad college friends, for safe travel home for the holidays. Prayers for family during the holidays. Prayers for my nephew’s safe travel home from Florida. God bless. – L
- a “yes” to get my reconsideration. Merry Christmas. – M
- my parole to go home on the 27th of December and to finish my last two tests on my HiSET (high school equivalency) before I go.
- God to use me to spread His word. – K
- my daughters, E & J; my mother, D; my grand babies. – M
- my Grandpa G. He has Stage 4 lung cancer. This is the third time he is going through chemo and he just seems to be getting worse. Thank you. – S
- my daughter, J, her husband, D, and their newborn baby son, L. He was born and rushed immediately to Children’s Hospital for open heart surgery. Pray for full recovery. Thank you! – L
- T and family and K. Special prayer for my son T—to give him strength and to remove the mandatory off his sentence and to keep him strong. Keep me humble and give me strength, Lord. Amen. – T
- to find a home for Christmas and to see my boys again.
- my family and my children to work on forgiveness towards my actions. For us to build a relationship. For me to let go and do God’s will and stop taking my will back. Thank you.
- my family and friends. Give them strength, peace of mind.
- my son & my daughters; my fiance; for M to get her reconsideration; M to go home; for me to be patient; holiday cheer throughout our unit. – K
- me to get a bed in Ottumwa halfway house very soon; S to get home to her children; J to get his children back very soon; all of our families. – J
- that I will be home to celebrate Christmas with my daughters. – J
- my cousin’s son–she called home and he told her he was suicidal living without her while she’s incarcerated; he is only 12.
- kids; J; C–calmer, good thoughts of himself and others; D–open her eyes to what she’s doing and thinking; B, granddaughters, their parents.
- me to go home in January. Pray for my mom D–she needs a kidney transplant, and I want to be a match so I can do it for her. – C
- Please pray to soften the heart of my judge, that he will find favor in me and grant my reconsideration. – M
- my family; my sobriety when I am released from here; and that I hear something about when I am going home. – S
- me to get my parole in a couple weeks. Please and thank you!
- world peace and for those who have not found God to find God.
- J and F B, for safety; and A, T, D, L, and D, for hope and strength.
- S; the T K family; the G family; the D family.
- my husband, C; my children E, 24, and M, 20.
- G, my son. Let him know he’s not alone. He’s 10. Pray for my seizures. – M
- that I get my reconsideration and get to go home to my month-old son! – M
- me. I know God has worked on me tremendously. I am ready to go back into the world. I am equipped with my full body armor. Lord, I pray I get a reconsideration and be home by the new year. – K
- that my bed opens soon so I can get to my family. Pray for my son to go to school, without fighting his grandma. – T
- J, in her fight of kidney failure and pancreatic cancer; and D, who had a stroke. For M for all he has done and not asked for anything in return. – M
- K, G, A, and O to have a great Christmas with their dad. Peace, love for A. K to be cancer-free. Hope. – A
- my son [to have] a safe trip to Iowa from Texas. My boyfriend, N, and for my daughters. – A
- this institution. Lord, I ask that you bring peace upon these ladies–most who are bitter and for the ones who’ve not yet found Your merciful love. I pray they find You soon. Amen.
- me to get my parole this month and pass my HiSET (high school equivalency) tests. – A
- that I get my appeal and am home by Christmas, only one week early discharge. – P
- C & L’s family and partners’ family.
- M & B, that they become closer as other and daughter. Heal them. In Jesus name we pray!
- m brother. He’s in Intensive Care. Thank you. God bless.
- truth, valor, honesty, respect, dignity, redemption, well-being. Pray for J to be happy and for strength and love.
- me, my friends, family, and enemies to live a happy and safe life.
- that my son has a great Christmas, and that I may be home for Christmas. Pray for my family–my nephews, sisters, and grandpas! – A
- the H family in Waterloo. Amen.
- T H and T J and family. For their health and family healing. Help them overcome all evil that comes their way. We rebuke the devil in all ways. Amen and Amen.
- Please keep me focused on what’s important.
- I wanna pray for my family and friends!
- that I get back on track with the Lord.
- us to have patience and to enjoy every day. Pray for A’s family and myself, C, D, J, S, T, and Mrs. K.
- Grant my transfer to FMC (Federal Medical Center), Carswell in Texas soon.
- Grant my pardon or sentence reduction so I can be reunited with my family in Florida soon. Help me find a lawyer to help.
Please pray for:
- F, A, A, N, J–cancer, G.
- that all goes well in my leaving on December 4.
- my fiancé to forgive me and stay true to me; let him know I love him and our son. My cousin K; my friend M to leave next Monday. – K
- my sons L & K, that they stay healthy and strong; the F twin baby girls, for health and strength; J—strength. – S
- my kids and my grandparents and my friends who are still battling addiction. – S
- my friend G; he just got out of the hospital. His thyroid shut down, and he had a 15% chance, but he pulled through, and he lost his mom 3 weeks ago. So much prayer for him. – K
- that my home placement is approved. – J
- my kids and family, B’s grandkids, J, D.
- my children, for health and safety. Be with my aunt during the season, as she just lost her husband. For my mom’s health and safety. Prayers for family and friends during the season. For my husband to find a job with potential. God bless! – L
- peace, love, understanding for all of m family and A’s, too. K to be cancer-free. R & J to be strong and drug-free. M, too. – A
- For inmates, families, and paroles.
- T. Keep her safe and loved.
- D, K, T, and A. Keep them safe from harm.
- guidance for m oldest son, A. He needs You now, Lord. Please.
- Please watch over all the women here during this time of holidays.
- L and M, and the ladies and COs that bully us women in here.
- my daughters, A & A, while they seek life as teenagers without their mother. – Love, Mom
- T. Comfort her through this time and ease her suffering.
- for my boys, A, A and A. – Mom
- Guide me when I leave. Thank you. Amen.
- people with family. May they stay together.
- my family to continue to be happy, healthy, and close to each other and to the Lord. – C
- the library women and me and my family.
- that my 16-year-old daughter has a wonderful Christmas and a happy New Year, and [that] my dad lives. – S
- peace in the world and put me on the prayer list. – L
- Keep my family and friends in prayer – the Bs and Ks.
- my granddaughters J & A to stop being bullied.
- Please, Lord, give me the strength to keep moving on and to keep my job; and take the pain out of my legs. Amen. – M
- that D hears good news.
- me to be able to parole out to J’s. – S
- for the H family. I love them so much and appreciate them greatly.
- my son, GM, that the devil leaves him alone. He’s a 10-ear-old little boy with a mental illness, in MHI (Independence Mental Health Institute). Only God can help him. – B
- for all my days to be good.
Please pray for:
- my grandpa G–he has Stage 4 lung cancer and is going through chemo again. – S
- the safety of my family and friends. Also, that God teaches me all he wants me to learn and His will to be done!! Amen. – A
- my children’s health and safety. Prayers for understanding of things. Prayers for my daughter and her dad for better relationship. Prayers for my marriage, for my husband to get a better job. God Bless! – L
- a place to call home and see and be a part of my boys’ life again. – K
- the mean girls! Father forgive them. – C
- I wanna pray for my mom, brother and dad. I hope they are okay! I miss them a lot. Thank you, God, for loving me.
- my parole and to go home before end of November. – A
- my release date to go home. – J
- patience. – D
- my staying sober once I get home in 13 days. And for D. – A
- me to stay out of trouble and to keep going to school to get my GED, and for my family and daughter. – V
- protect all my conversations! My relationships; guide me; my children and nieces and nephews.
- protection and safety of our loved ones and those who struggle with addiction. I ask specifically for my boyfriend to find peace and to find a way to break the vicious cycle.
- Give me the strength to be strong, to be the person You want me to be; and give me the courage and help to let go of my past. – J
- C in her Journey; she is leaving prison tomorrow (11/22). Everyone to have a happy Thanksgiving, to the best they can; be safe in their travels. Pray for my family to live in unity. – M
- Pray that they stop cancelling Thinking for a Change class, so we can get done and go home. Pray for my mom, D, to stop being so sick from dialysis. – C
- my children; my grandparents, and for God to lead me down the right path and help me to follow Him. – S
- J to get a bed at the halfway house in Ottumwa very soon. Please pray for: S; everyone at ICIW; for the ARL; for the food pantry; all our families. – J
- health; twin preemie babies; the F babies off life support; M’s reconsideration. – S
- me, as I go out tomorrow morning, and for D to stay strong and our relationship to grow! – C
- A–strength, heart and calm. D; C, JJ, C—help her with her nerves, strength. World leaders.
- [that] my place to call home goes through. – K
- my parole to leave. Watch over my husband & kids. – J
- me, K, and my family. I just ask God to keep us safe and being peace amongst us all, here in this institution and out. I ask for traveling grace for the volunteers. – K
- C & C–that we find a church and stay in our Bibles and pray, as well as repair our marriage. Keep me out of prison. – C
- me and my family to be together at home. Bless my babies. For me to do God’s will in my life. Heal Alice. My husband to become the man God has intended him to be. – A
- L and our son, K, as we try to be reunited. Thank you.
- my family all over the USA and Des Moines. My stay here. My classes. A job soon. Get along with inmates. Health-wise. – K
- Please pray for my little girl and let her know that Mommy will be home soon. – B
- my two girls, for health and safety. Prayers for my mom’s health with her knees and ankles. Prayers with my family for the loss of my uncle. Prayers for my marriage; for my husband to find a better job. God bless! – L
- my family (R). M–for her post-conviction. J, R, C
- healthy baby. My son, S; his dad, K, and their family. My grandpa, and that I get granted my parole in a few weeks. – J
- S, who died too young.
- my kids and grandkids. I won’t be there only in mind, body, soul. Thank you. – L
- myself and my children. Myself, to be home for the holidays and to get my HiSET (high school equivalency test) in school here at ICIW (the Iowa Correctional Institution for Women). Thank you. Amen. – A
- my friend S. I haven’t talked to him since April; I just hope he’s OK. – K
- that God leads me down the path he has for me; that my children will want to be a part of my life.
- my children & my grandparents and people suffering around the world. – S
- for me to get a bed in Ottumwa halfway house very soon. All the women and staff at ICIW. – J
- for my family to reunite. For me to be patient and to be brave. All the negativity in this unit. –K
- E with good news for her test results; S’s blood work comes back that lupus is not detected; The world in general; S’s travel plans.
- Please pray that my reconsideration has been granted. – M
- S’s health and test results; N; R’s health and finances; strength and humility.
- D; C and my family; D; J; D; the world; Jesus.
- my sons, L & K, that they stay strong and continue on the right path. My friend A, that he finds his way. My friend D, who is getting released soon. – S
- D to get well; she’s been very ill. For myself and to get strength to prepare for when I leave in 8 days on 11/22/2017. – C
- my sister C–strength to deal with maintaining employment, her restraining order, DHS, and getting her sons back. Myself, for faith, strength and hope when I leave on 11/22. – C
- my marriage to work out. For my husband to love me again. – S
- my family, son, health, faith. – L
- I pray for my enemies. to lift them up in their own lives and do good things for them, by the love of God.
- my mom, K’s, health; my two kids to come back to me, A J and T, and pray for all m other kids and grandkids. And to bring me and my dad and sisters back together, and that God will bring a good husband in His time that’s of God.
- Lord, bless my family. Keep us covered in the blood of Jesus; watch over my children. Bless my aunt L with everything her heart needs. Keep my children close to you. Bless S and his family. Lord, make him sober; give him strength. Give J strength and protect her and her family. Bless my enemies, Lord. You deal with my enemies, as well as you bless my loved ones.
- E and her family. For strength and wisdom to go home soon. Thank you. God bless.
- I ask for you to say a prayer for R to have the knowledge to pass her HiSET so she can get paroled. Thank you.
- Lord, bless C and her issues. Lord lift her up, bless her spirit. Don’t let the Devil have your child. In Jesus’ name. – C
- my daughter and myself, that we leave ICIW soon. Pray for my great-grandson, that his cancer doesn’t come back and that my daughter’s cancer is gone. Thank you.
peace, love, understanding, calmness for K, G, A, and O. J to lean on God for support and to become the good man God has intended him to be. My mom to feel God’s love. Alice to receive understanding and love. Thank you. – A
safety for my two girls and their health. Prayers for my youngest daughter, who is going through some hard times. Prayers for strength and understanding on things I don’t understand. Prayers for my husband to get a better job. Answered prayers: he got a better car. – L
my family, my mom to be able to come visit me.
that I am matched with the best reentry team; that I lose the desire to use drugs and alcohol; that I don’t take up smoking cigarettes; that I can continue to die daily and take up my cross. – A
world peace; family; the people in prison. – T
my kids and that I will get my parole in January so that I can go home and be the mom I’m supposed to be. – D
my ex-husband, A, that he has a safe trip to Iowa/Florida. My sons, L and K, that they stay strong and focused while I’m gone; my dad, L, and my Mom, K. – S
families who lost loved ones in Texas church shooting; family of my uncle K who passed away.
all the ladies in ICIW; F and L and their health. D, S, A, P, W and J for peace and love and God’s Grace throughout the holiday season as well as every day. For my dearest friend S to get into her class and be able to receive her parole. – M
my re-entry success upon my release next week. also for my 2 children. Thank you.
Texas shooting victims; J, for parole; M, aunt and uncle for the health; M to go home; R for health and finances.
H; my sister–strength to get through on her own and [know] she really mattes; for myself, getting ready to leave on Nov. 22. – C
A family; C; homeless and the less fortunate; the World; my family.
the people suffering and the ones who lost their lives in the church shooting in Texas; and please pray for my grandparents and my children.
my friend, S, that he’s ok and that God takes the desire from him to want to use. That my home check will be done soon. – K
T, who is struggling with addictions, and S. Pray for God to heal him. May God bless you!
K–[to] be blessed and God’s love be wrapped around him. E to be led by God and made clear what He wants.
Grant my transfer to a federal prison.
S and L. Good health, happiness, and blessings.
my reconsideration to be granted. And that God will let his Spirit rain down on all hurting and lonely people. – M
my fiancé to forgive me; my family; the negativity in Unit Y; patience. – K
that my home is approved for me to go to.
my fiancé, my 4 beautiful kids, all the women here. -K
- my family, and J. – J
- Ashley’s dad, that God strengthen him and soften his heart. – M
- my sons L & K, that they continue to stay strong and make good choices; my dad, L, that he finds out good news at the cardiologist; my mom, K. – S
- my children, my grandparents, and for people suffering around the world. – S
- my sister to stay on track with her sobriety; my best friend, H, with her sobriety; for myself, I’m starting to back-slide to negative feeling towards myself.